Strength training is important for rowers to increase total force production, rate of force development, gain or maintain muscle mass, and train the muscles and movements that are neglected by the rowing stroke. Good strength training for rowing improves general athletic coordination, rowing performance, and resistance to injury. In this article, we’ll cover the basics of what strength training exercises rowers should do and how to construct a basic strength training program to support rowing training and performance goals.
Table of Contents:
- Why Is Strength Training Important for Rowing?
- Strength Training for Rowing Exercise Progression
- Key Points of Strength Training for Rowing
- Two Simple Ways to Start Starting
- Periodized Strength Training for Rowing